And just in case this isn't already evident: 'the views expressed in this blog are not representative of the United States Government or the U.S. Peace Corps but are my personal expressions and experiences" :)

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Pre-packing shout-out

I was pretty darn lucky with the timing of my assignment notification: 1 month before Christmas and 2 months before my birthday ;) Family members and some close friends took notice of the fortuitous timing and used the gift-exchanging opportunity to knock off a good amount of items from my Peace-Corps packing list. I'm talking swiss army knives, legit big scary business knives, phrase books, poetry books, flash lights, head-lights, solar radios, clothes, bags, jewelry and so so much more. Thank you, all of you for (a) helping knock off a few of the 101 items I need to buy for my trip and (b) reminding me of you during those trivial every-day actions like turning off my travel alarm clock or looking up a word in my dictionary :)
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I hope to goodness you are bringing at least 2 rolls of duct-tape! It can fix anything, do anything: clothes, plastic pipes, windows, wallets, etc. It is the best! Please bring some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thanks Jon for the recommendation, I'm definitely adding a few roles to my packing list :) And I want to send out an additional thank you to friends and coworkers who keep trying to get me more items for my trip. I'm so lucky to have such thoughtful and giving people in my life / will not be needing ANYTHING when I actually start packing my bag next month! THANK YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete